One of the best loved street food venues in Berlin is opening this week: don’t miss Bite Club Berlin 2017!
On 12 May 2017, Bite Club will open for its fifth season at its Spree-side, open air Arena venue in Berlin Alt-Treptow by the event boat, Hoppetosse.
As usual, the best Berlin food trucks and stands will appear at Bite Club. These include Mama Shabz, La Veneno Tapas, Humble Pie and Khwan BBQ. Mogg & Melzer (featured in Carl Goes Berlin!) will be serving up their famous pastrami on rye, Spice Spice Baby will be offering the best Jamaican jerk chicken in Berlin, and Bourbon Dogs will be serving the revered Daddy Mac Dog – a classic hotdog smothered in mac’n’cheese made with aged cheddar, comté and stilton.
Sweet treats will come in the form of Jones Ice Cream, with flavours including mojito, meringue puffs and chai latte, and Paletas Berlin ice lollies, with flavours ranging from strawberry Prosecco to cucumber and lemon.
When it comes to drinks, there will be craft beers from Berlin’s Berg Brewery and biodynamic wines originating from a range of vineyards. Whiskey is a big deal at this year’s Bite Club Berlin too, with whiskey cocktails and a number of whiskey bars.
As well as the delicious food, Bite Club is hosting a series of special events throughout the summer too:
- Bite Club Street Food Party: a party to celebrate the launch of Bite Club’s fifth season. Friday 12 May, 17:00 to 00:00
- Bite Club x Stil in Berlin Summer Special: Berlin based chefs and restaurants selected by Mary Scherpe from the Stil in Berlin blog will host an event at a secret location. Friday 23 June 2017, 17:00 to 00:00
- Bite Club Big BBQ: barbecue specialities from across the world will feature at this event. Sunday 30 July, 12:00 to 22:00
- German North Heat – The European Street Food Awards Pre-selection: the public will be able to vote for the street food vendors they want to compete at the first European Street Food Awards. Saturday 9 September, 12:00 to 22:00, Funkhaus Rummelsburg
- European Street Food Awards: a panel of judges including Michelin-starred chefs and food critics will announce the winners. Saturday 30 September , 12:00 to 22:00 and Sunday 1 October, 12:00 to 18:00, Arena/Hoppetosse
Website: Bite Club Berlin
Carl Goes Berlin
Carl Goes Berlin is the city guide for entrepreneurs, creatives and the generally curious who want to become a citizen of Berlin for the duration of their stay, whether it’s for three days, three weeks or three months.