From 14 to 23 October 2016, Kortrijk will host the Biennale INTERIEUR 2016, which this year adopts the theme of ‘Silver Lining – Interiors’. Biennale INTERIEUR has been a must-see design event since 1968 in Kortrijk, Belgium.
In the main venue, Kortrijk Expo, design, art and architecture will come together to create an ‘urban indoor and outdoor’ experience. Texture: the ‘museum of Flax and river Lys’, will become the central venue for the city programme. Overall, Biennale INTERIEUR 2016 will be found across multiple venues featuring strong projects city-wide.
Some of the highlights are:
- Sequence n°1 by Filip Dujardin, displaying various Belgian architecture archetypes.
- The history of linen and flax at the Texture Museum.
- The Design Prize of the Province of West-Flanders, which will showcase a futuristic installation with the spotlight on textiles.
- The Club Design by Dift, an ever-changing curated setting during the day, turning into a club at night.
- W/O16, the latest work of Flemish design students in architecture, product design and multimedia.
Tickets are available online for €16 and on the door for €22. Get your tickets here!